Friday 31 July 2009

Every gig I've Ever Seen #27. The Farmers Boys.

Every gig I've Ever Seen #27

Farmer’s Boys Stirling Uni1983

Another band that were the alternative to Duran Duran and Chart shite. Except they weren’t really. Students basically. More jingle jangle tweeness. Altered Images and The Higsons were also of that ilk. The only thing I remember was the singer having specs, wearing a jumble sale raincoat and eating yoghurt during one song. Pointless, wet nonsense.

I’m not sure but I think this was the gig where Andrea danced at the disco later. She always danced but this was early days and this night she ruled the dance floor. Not in a Britney way but just graceful, fluid, cool moves. Skipping, stepping, sliding over the floor. She made it look so easy. Most girls did the handbag shuffle. Years later I met someone who remembered her dancing that night too and how cool she’d looked. Especially for an English woman too, ken but, ho, by the way… 

No comments:

Post a Comment